- 2020ne Tokyo Olympian USAG Men’s Team Specialist (Pommel)
- 2020 Winter Cup Pommel Horse Champion
- 2-time Ohio State University Men’s Gymnastics Team Captain
- 2019 NCAA Pommel Horse National Champion
- 2018 USA Pommel Horse National Champion
- 2018 World Team Member (4th place team finish)
- 2018 Winter Cup: Pommel Horse Champion, Parallel Bars Silver
- 2018 Doha World Cup Bronze Medalist
- 5-time Big Ten Silver medalist (All around, Pommel Horse, Parallel Bars)
- 2-time Big Ten Gold medalist (Pommel Horse)
- 2-time Big Ten All-Around Silver medalist
- 2018 NCAA All-Around Bronze medalist
- 2016 & 2017 Member of the Big Ten Ohio State Winning Team
- National Team Member (2013-2015 and 2017-2019/present)
- 2014 Youth Olympic All-Around Bronze medalist
- 2014 Pacific Rim Championships All-Around Silver medalist
Alec got his start in gymnastics like many others, at the age of four in “mommy and me” classes to channel his energy in a positive way. He fell in love with the sport and quickly showed potential.
Starting his elite career in 2013, Alec qualified to be a member of the U.S. Men’s Junior National Team where he began competing internationally. Between 2013 and 2014 he had won a multitude of international medals and was chosen by the United States Olympic Committee to represent the USA at the 2014 Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing, China, where he returned home with an All-Around Bronze medal.
In 2015, Alec qualified to the U.S. Men’s Senior National Team, in which he is still a current member. The U.S. Men’s National Team came home with a 4th place finish at the 2018 World Championships, the highest finish since 2014.
Receiving a full ride scholarship from the Ohio State University in 2015, Alec has been a rock-solid member of their team throughout his college career. A shoulder injury sidelined him in 2016, also causing him to miss out the 2016 Rio Olympic Games. He credits his injury to teaching him patience and persistence and reminding him of his love for the sport of gymnastics.
Most recently, Alec has completed his extremely successful NCAA career and has now qualified for the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo as the individual specialist on Pommel Horse.
Outside of the gym, Alec is passionate about his faith and family. His family includes his Mom, Dad, older brother, and younger sister. Alec loves traveling, experiencing new cultures and collecting mementos along the way.