- Most decorated Field Hockey player in the U.S.
- 2015 Pan American Games; 1st place
- 2014 Champions Challenge; 1st place
- 2014 Robobank Hockey World Cup; 4th – Team USA’s best ever finish
- 2013 World League Round 2; 1st place
- 2013 Pan American Cup; 2nd place
- 2012 Olympic Games; 12th place
- 2012 Champions Challenge I; 2nd place
- 2011 Pan American Games; 1st place
- 2011 Champions Challenge I; 2nd place
- 2010 AtaHolding World Cup Qualifier; 2nd place
- 2010 & 2008 NCAA Champion
- 2010, 2009, & 2008 ACC Champion
(2012) Champions Challenge Player of the Tournament
(2010) Women’s Sports Foundation – Sportswoman of the Year
(2010) National Player of the Year and Offensive MVP by WomensFieldHockey.com
(2010) ACC Female Athlete of the Year
(2010, 2009) Honda Award Winner
Katie grew up the youngest of four kids in Blue Bell, PA where athletic participation and elite performance played an important role in her family and has since become a lifestyle choice for her. Katie credits the long hours of playing “keep away” in her family’s back yard for her hard work and dedication to become an Olympian.
Katie’s commitment to the sport of Field Hockey was tested when she missed out on the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games which forced a mental shift in her game. This was the driving energy that has since catapulted her to success as she has gone on to win the 2011 & 2015 Pan American Games, participate in the 2012 London Olympic Games, and also led Team USA to a 4th place finish in the World Cup, the best ever finish by United States Woman’s Field Hockey.
She has also won the Sportswomen of the Year award by the Women’s Sports Foundation in 2010 – an award previously given to Mia Hamm, Serena and Venus Williams – along with a long list of other top ranking accolades including the 2009 and 2010 Honda Sports Award for Field Hockey.
While Katie is off the field, one of her most recent endeavors is photography, as she loves to “capture life’s moments through a lens.” She is also engaged to long-time boyfriend and fellow Olympian, Marvin Bam, and they plan to marry in December 2015.