- 2018 Para Pan/Pacific Championships: Gold, 50 m, 100m, 400m Freestyle, 100m Breaststroke, 200 IM, 500m Butterfly, 100m Backstroke
- 2017 Para World Championships: Gold, 100m Breaststroke, 34pt Medley Relay; Silver, 200m IM; Bronze, 100m Freestyle, 100m Backstroke
- 2017 Colorado Swimmer of the Year
- 2016 Rio Paralympics: Silver, 100m Breaststroke
- 2015 Pan American Games: Silver, 100m Breaststroke, 200 Individual Medley, 4×200 Freestyle Relay; Bronze, 50m Freestyle
- 2015 CanAm Para Swimming Championship: Gold, 50m Fly; Silver, 400m Freestyle, 100m Freestyle, 100m Breaststroke, 50m Freestyle
Sophia was born with a form of dwarfism known as achondroplasia, which is a 1 in 26,000 chance of occurring. Growing up in South Park, Colorado had its difficulties as she was the first student to go through the school district with a physical disability. South Park has a population of 500, there is no swim team let alone a swimming pool, so she graduated high school a year early and moved to the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, where she is still residing.
In 2016, Sophia became a Paralympic Silver medalist in swimming the sb6 100m breaststroke, as well as placing sixth in the 200 IM at the Rio Paralympic Games. At the 2017 World Championships she took home two Gold medals, one Silver, and two Bronze. She is currently training and competing in preparation for the 2020 Paralympic Games in Tokyo, Japan.
Outside of swimming, Sophia is currently taking online college courses with DeVry and is set to graduate in November with a Bachelors’ Degree in Business Communication. She is passionate about sharing her story with others and works as a USOPC tour guide at the Olympic Training Center. In her free time, painting is one of her biggest hobbies.
Twitter: @SophiaHerzog Facebook: Sophia Herzog Instagram: @sophiaherzog