- New York University Graduate
- 2016 Olympic commentator for NBC television broadcast
- 2015 “Dancing With The Stars” contestant
- 2012 Headlined the post-Olympic Kellogg’s Tour of Gymnastics Champions
- 2012 U.S. Olympic Trials
- 2012 U.S. National Championships
- 2008 Olympic Games (Beijing, China): Individual All-Around Gold; Balance Beam Silver; Uneven Bars Silver; Team Silver; Floor Exercise Bronze
- 2008 U.S. Olympic Trials: 1st UB; 2nd AA, FX; 3rd BB
- 2008 Visa U.S. National Championships: 1st UB, Beam; 2nd AA
- 2008 & 2006 Tyson American Cup Champion
- 2007 World Championships: 1st Team, BB; 2nd UB
- 2007 Pan American Games: 1st Team; 2nd UB, Beam
- 2007 Visa U.S. National Championships: 1st UB; 2nd BB; 3rd AA
- 2006 & 2005 Visa U.S. National Champion
- 2006 World Championships: 2nd Team, UB
- 2005 World Championships: 1st UB, BB; 2nd AA, FX
The story of 2008 Olympic Champion gymnast Anastasia “Nastia” Liukin is that of the true American dream. Born in Moscow, Russia to Valeri and Anna, both champion gymnasts for Russia, the Liukin’s moved to the U.S. when Nastia was two and a half years old. Valeri won four medals, including two gold, at the 1988 Olympic Games in Seoul, and Anna is the 1987 rhythmic gymnastics World Champion.
Throughout her career, Nastia was a key member of the U.S. team. Nastia has won nine World medals (four gold & five silver), and five Olympic medals, making her one of the most celebrated gymnasts in U.S. history.
In 2009, USA Gymnastics and Nastia Liukin announced a partnership to create the Nastia Liukin Cup, which would provide a competitive opportunity for the country’s top Junior Olympic gymnasts. Proceeds from the Nastia Liukin Cup go into the Nastia Liukin Fund, a charitable fund within the National Gymnastics Foundation.
In 2016, was a contestant on ABC’s “Dancing With The Stars” where she came in 4th place with partner Derek Hough. In May of 2016, she graduated from NYU with a Bachelor’s Degree where she studied sports management. She has also worked and earned the position to work as a television commentator for numerous NBC sporting events, including the 2016 Rio Olympic Games.
Nastia is fluent in both English and Russian and has a strong interest in fashion, business, & philanthropy. She has most recently started a blog on her website, nastialiukin.com, and created an app geared towards connecting young girls to their role models in women’s sports titled, Grander.
It is important to Nastia to share her journey to the Olympic Games, how she overcame the many obstacles along the way, found inspiration after retiring, and helping to empower young girls trying to find their own path in life. She speaks at corporate engagements, Universities, philanthropic events, and more.