- 2-Time New York Times Best Selling Author
- 2020 Roberto Clemente Award for Sports Excellence (Unidos)
- 2020 Rose Bowl Parade Grand Marshall
- 2019 New Jersey Hall of Fame Inductee
- “Dancing with the Stars” Tour
- Season 23 Dancing With the Stars Champion
- 2017 Nickelodeon Kids Choice Sports Favorite Newcomer
- 2016 Olympic Silver Medalist (Beam)
- 2016 Olympic Gold Medalist (Team)
- 2016 U.S. Olympic Trials: All-Around Silver; Beam Gold; Floor Bronze
- 2016 National Championships: All-Around Bronze; Floor Bronze; Beam Bronze; Uneven Bar Bronze
- 2016 Pac Rim Championships: Team Gold; All-Around Bronze
- 2016 City of Jesolo Trophy: Team Gold; All-Around Bronze; Beam Gold; Vault Silver
- 2015 Junior National Champion
- 2015 U.S. Classic Champion
- 2015 City of Jesolo Trophy: Junior All-Around Champion; Uneven Bar Gold; Floor Gold
- 2015 International Junior Japan Meet: All-Around Champion, Vault Gold, Floor Exercise Gold, Uneven Bar Silver, Beam Silver
Laurie is known for her dazzling floor exercise routine where she has been nicknamed the “human emoji” for her outgoing facial expressions and for her grace and artistry on the balance beam.
She is a second generation American, as her grandparents are from Puerto Rico, making her the first U.S. born Latina to make the U.S. team since 1984. Laurie is currently training to compete for a spot on the Olympic Team in Tokyo this summer.
Since bringing home the Gold and Silver medals at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games, Laurie has gone on to win the coveted Mirror ball trophy on “Dancing with the Stars” Season 23 and her first book titled “I Got This: To Gold and Beyond” chronicling her journey thus far was published in 2017, hitting the New York Times Best Sellers list. In 2018, she released a children’s picture book “She’s Got This” with Harper Collins Children’s Books, also a New York Times Best Seller, while serving as a Literacy Champion to promote readership as a path to leadership, and Mattel created a Laurie Hernandez “Shero” Barbie to honor her.
When not in the gym, Laurie enjoys spending time with her family. Acting is one of her biggest passions and she has done cameos, voiceovers, and even co-hosted American Ninja Warrior Junior. She travels the country speaking to the next generation about following your dreams and embracing who you are. She is also a fierce advocate for the importance of Mental Health and has partnered with multiple philanthropic campaigns and initiatives to encourage awareness.
Facebook: Laurie Hernandez
Order Laurie’s book here: https://www.harpercollins.com/9780062677310/i-got-this