- New York Times Best Selling Author
- “Dancing with the Stars” Tour
- Season 23 Dancing With the Stars Champion
- 2016 Olympic Silver Medalist (Beam)
- 2016 Olympic Gold Medalist (Team)
- Named to the 2016 U.S. Olympic Team
- 2016 U.S. Olympic Trials: All-Around Silver; Beam Gold; Floor Bronze
- 2016 National Championships: All-Around Bronze; Floor Bronze; Beam Bronze; Uneven Bar Bronze
- 2016 Pac Rim Championships: Team Gold; All-Around Bronze
- 2016 City of Jesolo Trophy: Team Gold; All-Around Bronze; Beam Gold; Vault Silver
- 2015 Junior National Champion
- 2015 U.S. Classic Champion
- 2015 City of Jesolo Trophy: Junior All-Around Champion; Uneven Bar Gold; Floor Gold
- 2015 International Junior Japan Meet: All-Around Champion, Vault Gold, Floor Exercise Gold, Uneven Bar Silver, Beam Silver
Laurie is known for her dazzling floor exercise routine where she has been nicknamed the “human emoji” for her outgoing facial expressions and for her grace and artistry on the balance beam.
She is a second generation American, as her grandparents are from Puerto Rico, making her the first U.S. born Latina to make the U.S. team since 1984. Laurie credits her hard work, leadership skills, and her never give up attitude to her Mom, who was in the Army Reserves while Laurie was growing up.
Since bringing home the Gold and Silver medals at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games, Laurie has gone on to win the coveted Mirror ball trophy on “Dancing with the Stars” Season 23 and her first book titled “I Got This: To Gold and Beyond” chronicling her journey thus far was published in January 2017, hitting the New York Times Best Sellers list. She has her own “Lauriemoji” app and a body-positive line of clothing named Ob.sess with JCPenney. In the Fall of 2018, she will be releasing a children’s picture book “She’s Got This” with Harper Collins Childrens.
When not in the gym, Laurie enjoys spending time with her family which includes her Mom and Dad, her older brother, and older sister. She is also involved in her church, travels the country inspiring young gymnasts, and speaks to the next generation about following your dreams.
Facebook: Laurie Hernandez
Order Laurie’s book here: https://www.harpercollins.com/9780062677310/i-got-this