- 2022 Pan American Games Champion (Individual and Team Saber)
- 2021 Named to the Tokyo Olympic Team
- 2019 Pan American Games Champion (Individual and Team Saber)
- 2018 National Champion
- 2018 North American Cup Champion
- 2017 National Champion
- 2016 Rio Olympic Games: Silver medal
- 2015 World Championships: Silver medal – First Male Sabre Fencer in history to win medal
- 5-time Pan American Championships Champion
- 2015 Pan American Championships: Silver medal
- 2014 Madrid World Cup: Silver medal
- 2014 Pan American Championships: Bronze medal
- 2012 London Olympic Games: 5th place – Highest American finish since 1984
- 2-time NCAA Champion
- 3-time Cadet and Junior World Championship Medalist
Daryl’s interest in fencing started at the age of five after seeing the photo of a masked fencer on the cover of a dictionary and by sixteen he made a promise to himself to become the greatest American fencer in history.
Success came immediately in 2006 when he won his first Cadet World Championship medal and he followed up in 2009 and 2010 winning two Junior World Championship medals. Daryl went on to attend St. John’s University where he graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising and won back-to-back NCAA National Championships.
Finishing sixth at the 2012 London Olympic Games, Daryl became the highest American finisher in fencing since 1984. He again made history in 2015 by becoming the first male Sabre fencer ever to win a Senior World Championship medal. Most recently, Daryl brought home the Silver medal at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games and became the first U.S. Sabre fencer to medal individually in 112 years.
Growing up in the Bronx and being raised by a single mother had its hardships, but Daryl has never let this define him, not in sport or life. He has said that the word to best describe him would be duality, as Fencing allowed him to be occasionally exposed to a different lifestyle other than the everyday grind in the Bronx. Daryl credits this duality in keeping him grounded, humble, and is also his constant drive to achieve his dreams.